Beans, pasta, veggies and spices are included for this easy to prepare classic. Get set for dinner in Italy! Some crusty bread and a crispy green salad make a delicious, easy and satisfying dinner. It is easy to add your own personal touch with spicy or sweet Italian sausage. Or top with grated Parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and spinach or escarole.
Prep time is less than 15 minutes. Makes 8 servings. Net weight: 16 oz/454g
Gluten Free, Non-GMO, No MSG,
No Added Salt or Preservatives
HOW TO MAKE:
- Rinse beans. Add drained beans vegetable/spice pack to 4 Cups broth or bouillon (chicken, beef or vegetable) + 4 Cups water. Add 1 28-oz. can lightly crushed whole tomatoes + 2 Tblsp. olive oil. Stir.
STOVE TOP: Bring to a boil, lower heat simmer covered for 2 hours till beans are tender.
OR SLOW COOKER: Cook for 6-8 hours on low OR 3-4 hours on high according to your cooker directions.
- Just before serving add pasta packet. Cook 8 minutes. Add 1 Tblsp. Balsamic or wine vinegar. Remove bay leaf.
SERVE with SALT PEPPER TO TASTE.
Other suggestions . . . just before serving:
- Add 2 Cups spinach or escarole.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté 1 lb. sweet or hot sausage add to soup